Saturday, March 27, 2010

Roma Redux

-Ciao amici!

I've returned to my most favorite place on earth. I keep asking myself why I stayed away so long. My reentry to Rome has been met with intoxicating aromas, crazy traffic, figissisimi italiani, and a vibrant energy that permeates every cobble stone of this ancient place. Time has passed but my legs still know the way. I'm amazed at how easily I have fallen back into life here. Morning cappuccini, long lunches, afternoon caffe', and una passeggiata in the evening - this is as it should be. I know that this adventure is not always going to be as easy and blissful as it is right now - already my body is reacting to the cobblestone treks - but I am savoring these first few moments with indulgence and a light heart - a feeling I have not had in a long time.


-Ciao for now!

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you made it safely! Will you post some pictures of what 16-24 year old Italian dudes are wearing? I find their fashion so humorous, yet...inspiring. ciaociao

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite ceiling in all of Roma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am following along, living vicariously through you. Roma...siiiigh.

    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete